NM Set axis (or controller) number
Command Command description Controller response Default
(N/A - not available)
(N/A - not available)
xNMy Set axis (or controller) number. y - positive number (1...32000) - N/A Yes
SYNTAX xNMy, where x - controller (axis) number.
PARAMETER y - positive number. It cannot be zero. Zero address is reserved for Synchronous motion command ST.
DESCRIPTION: The command sets axis number. The number is used as a controller address x in every controller command. User can make the parameter default by SO command.
Note in case the controller (axis) number is lost: In service mode , SP1 controller always responds to command 0NMy. Follow instructions.
1. Connect SP1 controller as shown in the picture below.
Using terminal software ("Serial Port Terminal" or Windows "HyperTerminal" can be used), set computer proper parameters of host computer serial port: 8 data bits, No parity, 1 stop bit, No flow control. If communication speed is also unknown, set one of the values: 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200.
2) Switch on SP1 board power. Now SP1 is in default mode.
3) Press both front Panel (Left and Right) buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. Front panel Ready LED (light emitting diode) blinks 10 times. This blinking indicates mode switching. Now SP1 is in Service mode. Password lock is disabled in service mode. Do not care about it.
4) Send 0NMy (y - axis number to set) command string to SP1 from computer terminal program. Example: 0NM1.
5) Read version number by xVE comands, where axis number x corresponds to y parameter of 0NMy command. Example: 1VE.
6) If there is no response to xVE command, change computer serial port bode rate to one of values 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600 and 115200 bps and loop instruction 4 and 5 until SP1 responds with version number. 6 loops should give SP1 response. If not - test communication hardware and software settings.
7) Remember the current communication rate and axis number for future use and save the current parameters by xSO command, where axis number x corresponds to y parameter of 0NMy command. Example: 1SO.
8) If password is also lost, see instructions in LC and UC commands descriptions.
REL. COMMANDS none.
EXAMPLES: 5 NM 100 || 3nm2 || 23 Nm 1